Monday, February 05, 2007

MorFar Visits for the Superbowl!


My dad has been doing some work-travel in our area and planned in an overnight at our house for Superbowl Sunday. The boys knew he was due to arrive "after nap." Owen woke up from his nap first and was too excited about "MorFar almost here" that he just had to wake up his brother too. We were down in the playroom, he had finished his milk, and could hardly contain himself. He said, "I go get Kyle. Mama you stay here. Stay HERE!" I decided to just let him do it. I listened at the bottom of the stairs and heard Owen run into Kyle's room and wake him up with "Kyle! MorFar almost here! MorFar almost here!!!" Within seconds the two of them were downstairs staring out the playroom windows just waiting for MorFar's arrival. In perfect timing --within just a minute or two-- my dad was strolling to the front door, and the boys were bouncing off the wall. Man, oh man, do they love their grandfather. His gift this time: Patriots hats! As some of you know, our boys are a rare toddler breed: they love wearing hats, will choose to wear hats, and will keep hats on for long long stretches (always have). MorFar put the hats on their heads and said, "Listen, no matter who is playing in the Superbowl, YOU ARE PATRIOTS FANS. New England Patriots. Got that???" -- "Yup MorFar!" "Yup MorFar!" (truth is: whatever MorFar says, does, eats, breathes, sleeps is GOLD TRUTH 100% "YUP MORFAR" to K & O). After a couple hours of MorFar loving we headed to our next-door-neighbor's house for a little Superbowl Party.
Sandy is a huge sports fanatic and is working very hard to indoctrinate the boys. They were more than happy to sit on her lap, eat pizza, drink juice boxes, and be mesmorized by the big screen.


They are, however, their mother's sons... by far their favorite part was the Halftime Show! ;0
We got home just in time to watch it before the boys went to bed -- in fact, K & O were so inspired by seeing Prince play guitar that they ran to get their guitars too.

2 comments:

Bek said...

Heather.... I just read the water post....... Gulp!!!

I am so impressed that you post each day. That is awesome! I love the picture of the boys in front of the tv w/ their guitars...so cute. :-)

Susy Q said...

Hello,

My name is Susanna and I am fifteen years old. I came across your blog via another adoption blog, and I just wanted to say that your boys are adorable!! My family, too, is adopting (from Ethiopia; this will be my third younger sibling.) I was also wondering if you were Scandinavian-
my father is Norwegian and our Norwegian cousins call our grandfather "MorFar" too!

-Susanna
(http://www.bigsisdiaries.blogspot.com)