Friday, March 16, 2007

Boys' night out-ish

Heather is at a conference in Philly this weekend - doing an "Author Meets Critic" session at ESS for her book (I know, shameless plug by me); and though it's stressful for her, can you say super proud husband?


That also means it's boys'-night-out-and-day-out-and-night-out here at casa de la J-M. Except that we have 7 inches of ice and snow, so it's more like Boys'-night-making-sure-we-don't-go-nuts. Which we didn't.


After I got the call from the daycare that it was closing in 10 minutes (we live 20 minutes away on a good day), and I rushed over (it took me 30 minutes) and got them, we came home, got into snow suits and made the most of the freezing rain while we had light.


Got out the sled and the boys got a ride up the hill and down the hill. Then we got out the fast sled and they went flying down the hill - and loved it. 'again!' 'again!'. What a riot. They also did a great job of helping me shovel, even with Owen insisting on using Papi's shovel (since his full size one clearly was not good enough).


We ate supper (an awesome shrimp in pesto cream sauce over penne - left overs from dinner Heather made last night - can you believe we get to eat like that, and that she can do that as well as everything else?!?! You might, but it really amazes me.) and watched videos.


Got ready for bed (which by yourself is no mean feat), read books and said prayers. During prayers, K&O sat on either side of me and tried to peek around me to get the other one to laugh. Then Kyle kissed Elmo good night while Owen played with Thomas as I said good night to Kyle.


In my book that's a good boys' night out-ish.


Now I'm going to watch a movie and hope we don't lose power.



No comments: