Saturday, April 21, 2007

Amazing

We're over extended, stressed and tired; any of you who have read the blog know this. And for all the rewarding aspects of our life, we just have a lot going on - sometimes too much.

Heather is constantly stressed out about food - making dinner, shopping, planning, breakfast, lunch. She works so hard to have healthy meals for our family and our boys. She makes every effort, every day to expand their horizons with food.

I just try - mostly unsuccessfully - to keep the laundry up-to-date.

So, it's Saturday night - we've had a great day out and about and it's a beautiful night. We're going to unwind and reconnect by watching a movie. Heather a little apologetically says to me: "I thought we'd have Caesar salad for dinner - is that ok?" I say sure - thinking that we have some romaine and a bottle of Caesar dressing.

But then she says: "Would you like blackened shrimp on that?" And I cock an eyebrow, look over and she is getting out shrimp to make (blacken them herself). I notice that she has just made a whole batch of homemade croutons. And then I realize she is also making the dressing from scratch.

And I realize that I am absolutely the luckiest and most appreciative man on Earth.

And I realize, that although I live with her and know her better than anyone, I just have no idea how she does it all.

No comments: