Thursday, May 10, 2007

Quote of the Day: "I Love Myself"

In light of the post below (today's Love Thursday post about Owen), I just had to post this now as today's quote of the day...

Tonight at bedtime I was doing what I/we always do -- As he laid in his bed I was rubbing Owen's back and talking to him about the day. As I/we do every night, I went through a play-by-play run-down of what happened today from the time he woke up until bedtime. Then I started to say the same thing I say every night: "Today is all done. Tomorrow is a new day. Your mama loves you. Your papi loves you. Your brother loves you. Your whole family loves you." Usually at that point I finish with a few more sweet words then kisses good-night, then I walk out and he falls asleep. But after "...Your whole family loves you..." Owen looked up at me and interrupted. "Mommy, my whole family loves me," he said matter-of-factly. "Yes," I said, "your whole family loves you." Then he says, with complete sincerity in his voice, "And I love myself." I said, "You love yourself." He says, "Yes, mommy, I love myself. My whole family loves me and I love myself."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious Owen. What a gift you have given him to have parented in a way that taught him to love himself. I am so proud of you my daughter. xo Mom

Kristina said...

He's three and he has already discovered a very important thing. It's only in finding a way to love ourselves that we are truly free to love others. Yeah Owen!

Anonymous said...

Priceless!

Anonymous said...

I just love all the great verbal rituals you have in your family!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading (and loving) your site since soon after you started it.
I have to say, you talk about the energy and love of life your boys have but you seem to have as much as they do. Helps you keep up with them!

Laura said...

Thanks for finding my blog so I could find yours! What a precious story! What an incredible gift for you to see the fruit of your labor. Your boys are gorgeous and wonderful and I know you know how blessed you are!!

jayme said...

Hi there!

I've been reading a little bit about your family's story, and I am just blown away by the energy and soul that your sweet boys have! Their joy shows through in every picture.

I love "connecting" with other families who are parenting twins. It's hard to believe that our little ones will soon be running around and holding conversations and getting into even more trouble than they already do!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful family with us!

Yoli said...

I just came across your blog and I love it. Your children are lovely and you guys are doing a wonderful job as parents.

Yoli