Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Home With Mama

Our Summer Nanny, Alex, has been away for the past week on a vacation. I have been home with the boys. I have tried to keep up with some work during their nap times and after they go to bed at night, but for the most part I've been a stay-at-home-mama for the week (well, except that I'm carrying around the mind-numbing-weight of the constant-stress-and-anxiety-of-letting-far-too-much-slip-between-the-cracks-work-wise). At this point in my life I honestly cannot imagine doing just one thing: working or staying home. If nothing else, a week like the past one is a good reminder for me that I truly love and embrace the identity and the reality of being a Working Mother. And I also truly love and embrace the identity and the reality of us being a Two Career Family. I'm glad to have that reminder from time to time because sometimes in the craze of it all that is hard to remember. Anyhoo............ This past week I've done a lot of the things that I think stay-at-home moms do: I've run a lot of errands with the boys (the grocery store, the dry cleaner, the pool store, etc.), had a lot of playdates with the boys and friends (Jackson, Noah, Joy Lin, etc.), and spent a lot of quality down-time/at-home-time with the boys doing just regular-nothing-special stuff. We also went to McDonalds for lunch one day and to the Waffle House for breakfast one day. We went to their favorite park, and we spent a lot of time in our backyard and our swimming pool. We have had a great time together and tomorrow Alex comes back.

P.S. -- Oh, and I potty trained them this week too. ;)

No comments: