Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Quotes of the Day from Kyle and Owen

The boys are out of daycare and Alex is caring for them full-time for the summer. She refers to herself as their "Nanny." So, I've started referring to her as that too. I explained to the boys that a "nanny" is "someone who takes care of you when your mommy and papi are working." They like the concept. And they are loving the "NO DAYCARE!!!"-life-with-Nanny-Alex. Yesterday, at the end of the day, I said to Kyle, "Kyle, what was your favorite part of your day today?" He said, "My favorite part was my friend Alex. My nanny."

In our home, I (Heather) am the grill master. Braydon can't grill to save his life. So it goes. Last night I was grilling shish-ka-bobs on the grill. Owen was playing with a truck on the deck. I said, "Owen, listen to me: Real women grill." He said, "o.k. mama." I said, "Owen, real women grill. You remember that. REAL WOMEN GRILL. Now you say it." He looked up from his truck and said, "Real mamas grill."

:)

No comments: