Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Quotes of the Day

2 from O and 1 from K:

This evening after dinner Owen and Kyle were getting their shoes on so they could go outside to help Braydon put the trash at the end of the driveway. With certain shoes now (especially their crocs) the boys are able to put their own shoes on their feet but they often make the classic young-child-mistake of putting the shoes on the 'wrong' feet. Lately we've been trying to teach them the concepts of 'right' vs. 'left' re: their shoes/feet and many other things. Tonight Owen had put his shoe on the 'wrong' foot and I said to him: "Ooops! That's the wrong shoe!" Then...
Owen: "That's the left foot?"
Heather: "Yup!"-- [totally surprised that he's actually correctly using 'left'] --"That's the left foot!"
O: [pointing to his right foot] "And that's the right foot?"
H: "Yes! It is!"
O: "I'm so smart."


This afternoon, partly because of a thunder storm, and partly because of our post-Emergency-Room-Visit-Effort to keep the boys calm and the activities low-key, I did something almost unheard of around here: When I got home from work I suggested to the boys that we watch a video. We were sitting on the couch eating popcorn and watching a Curious George video that involves George riding a rocket into space. (Kyle's recent OBSESSION with Curious George books and videos will have to be a whole other post someday). Anyway, in the beginning of the video George visits the professor who invented the rocket he will ride into space. The boys had watched this video 3-4 times previously, and Braydon had told them that "Mama is a professor too." This afternoon when the professor scene began...
O: "My mommy is a professor too."
H: "Yes."
O: "Not my Papi."
H: "No."
O: "Just my mommy is a professor."
H: "That's right."
O: "I'm so mad at Papi."
H: "Why? Why are you so mad at Papi?"
O: "I'm so mad at Papi because he's not a professor!"


I was outside with the boys late this afternoon when Braydon finished working and came out to join us. He walked right up to me and started kissing me a lot. Whenever we kiss for any extended time (not just a quick peck), Kyle and Owen both have the same reaction. They stop everything -- whatever they are doing -- and just stare at us. Today when Braydon and I were kissing...
Kyle: "Stop! Papi, Papi, stop that! Stop that now! Mommy and Papi, stop that!"
Braydon: "Kyle, I'm kissing your mama."
K: "Stop that Papi!"
B: "No, I'm kissing your mama because I love her."
K: "But I don't like that. Stop that."
[A few seconds go by...]
K: "I AM JEALOUS FROM THAT."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny are they? I love it!

Patricia said...

Freud certainly was on to something... Cute quotes! :)

insanemommy said...

I was wondering how long it would take them to be jealous of Daddy's affections towards mommy! Too cute...

I tagged you for a meme... gadgetry stuff...

Ani said...

That last one had me laughing out loud! Our little guy comes barreling into us any time he sees us (mom and dad) hugging... He wraps his arms around our legs and asks for "me too"... so cute!