Monday, February 04, 2008

"MorMor Left Us"

My mom left yesterday morning to head home "to her own house." Throughout the day yesterday the boys kept saying, "MorMor left us." All I could say was, "Yes, she left us." She's gone. We're sad. We like having her here. But she left us with a lot of things. Homemade granola, chocolate chip cookies, Scottish Oatcakes, carrot cake cupcakes, blueberry muffins, and a fridge full of leftover dinners. She also left us with loads of clean laundry, a clean kitchen, a clean garage, and a whole bunch of clean windows (plus a lot of 'clean' things that I probably haven't even noticed yet). And-- most of all-- she left us with full hearts. She spent a whole "six sleeps" giving, giving, giving to K & O (and therefore, to Braydon and I -- who, by the way, knowing that K & O were in such a happy love fest with MorMor were able to fit in more work and meetings and special projects during that one week than you could possibly imagine). K, O, and MorMor built forts, she set up obstacle courses for them, they played for hours outside, and she picked them up from school every day. She held them and read to them and snuggled with them and loved on them 'till their hearts content. She left us all in a good place.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Awwww. Can you loan her to us???

tnt5150 said...

I just love grandmothers!! Like you my mom does not live in the same State as I, so when she comes to town it is such a treat for our son and give us a little down time as well since she becomes his personal taxi cab driver..lol

We are expecting another child in April and once again i know "Granny Ann" will be here to pick up the slack, sharing hugs kisses and lots of love with the soon to be big brother, cleaning cooking, and more importantly giving her special brand of grandma love to a new family memeber.

I never new how much I would appreciate my mother until I myself became a mother, and I am sure you appreciate yours just as much!!

Kristina said...

Bravo MorMor!!!!!

What a blessing this was!