Sunday, March 09, 2008

2 More From the Archives



The top photo is Owen with our cat Cooper. The bottom photo is Kyle with Braydon. So funny to see these photos now because the babies in the pictures are just little versions of the 3 year olds they are today. Owen still looks at Cooper with that exact same enamored-wild-loving-thrilled look on his face (and Cooper still looks at Owen just as bewildered today as he did then). And Kyle still sits at the piano with that same look of focused-contented-joyful-concentration (and Braydon still finds it irresistibly adorable when his little boy plays piano). I hate it that we are cameraless right now, but I am actually really enjoying the stroll down memory lane that the digging into the photo archives has forced. I wish I had been able to blog back then-- honestly, there was absolutely no way we could have (we were sooooo out straight and hanging on by a thread when the boys were that young; it was sooo exhausting)-- but I wish I could have written down so many of the details like I do now. It gives me solace to know that the memories are at least blogged about now. Somehow it feels comforting to know that time isn't just passing us by, but that somehow --instead-- we are able to capture at least some (a tiny fraction, sure, but at least it is some) of the moments here and there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather!
Your cameralessness makes me want to look at our baby fotobooks.
Thank you!

And as always - I enjoy reading you blog very much.

Kathrin

Paige Mann said...

I say it everytime I visit your blog: THOSE BOYS ARE GORGEOUS!!!!

:)
Paige
www.midrine.blogspot.com