Thursday, April 03, 2008

A positive self image

This morning Kyle was up before Owen and we had breakfast together. After we ate, he wanted a little snuggle and while filling his love tank, I said: "You are such a smart and nice boy! HOW did I get such a smart and nice boy? How? Do you know how I got such a smart and nice boy How did I get so lucky!?!?"

Kyle: [grinning ear to ear, basking in the glory] "When I was a little baby, you adopted me!!!"


Later, when I was giving Owen breakfast, we had a similar discussion: "How did I get so lucky? How did I get such a smart and nice boy? How, how, how???"

Owen: [also grinning ear to ear, basking in the glory] " Yooooooou knooooow, you crazy papi!!! In Haiti!!!"

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, Braydono-- I got teared up when I read this! You had already told me about it this morning, but reading it here made me so proud of you and our boys! :)
HBJ

Candis said...

It is one of the few joyful constants in life--how even the tiniest compliment lights up the soul.

Just delightful... (and we hope to meet y'all this summer.)

Colin's mom