Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Christmas in New Hampshire, 2 of 4

Ski Bunnies!!! In the lodge, taking a mid-morning skiing break at King Pine (K on left, O on right).
*
This was Kyle and Owen's second year skiing! Last year I couldn't go because I was pregnant. This year, my mom stayed home with Little Miss so that the four 'elder' Johnson-McCormicks could have a ski day together. It was awesome!!! Watching the boys gun it down the mountain you'd never in a million years have thought that it was only their second time -- ever -- on skis. It was so, so, so fun for the four of us to ski together.
*

This ski day was probably one of the totally top top top highlights of the trip for the four of us. We loved it.

*

We arrived back to my parents' house to find Meera inside the house, happy as could be with MorMor and Sadie... and to find MorFar outside with the earth oven getting ready to cook a turkey. Later that night, that earth-oven-turkey turned out to be the best turkey I've ever tasted in my entire life.
*

The cousins sledding.
*

Wreath on barn door at my parents' house.
*

Field at my parents' house.
*

Snow angels!
*

Christmas Eve day lunch ~ homemade lentil soup & hot dogs roasted over the fire.
*

Meera spent much of her time in New Hampshire as she does at home. Hanging out, lovin' life on her play mat. This picture was taken on Christmas Eve day. She was oblivious to all the excitement.
*

No comments: