Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day

This morning I got to sleep in (which is, after all, the best V-Day gift I could possibly receive!). K & O woke me up enthusiastically announcing that they had made pancakes for breakfast with Papi. I have the best husband. When I got downstairs there were two cards for me. Inside the one from K, O, and M Braydon had written down what the boys had to say:
"Dear Mommy, I love you mommy, thank you for bringing us to nice places. You're the best mommy in the whole world. Thank you for bringing us to special places. Thank you for bringing us inside sometimes. I love you. Love, My Boys" !?! Neither Braydon or fully grasp the full meaning of this love letter (I get the "My Boys" part -- I call them "my boys" all the time; I am not fully sure of the "nice/special/inside places" part but I think I sorta get it), yet still, it was still the sweetest valentine I've ever received. I have the best husband. While Meera was napping the boys and I took to the streets (of our neighborhood) to hand deliver their valentines to some of our special neighbors' mailboxes.



This afternoon we got together with the Petch crew. They are even more of a crew now with their brand new TWIN BOY foster kids. Another fantastic outing with our favorite friends. Yet again, they got to it before we did! (and we forgot our camera, as usual -- they always remember theirs!) I have always thought the world of foster parents. I now have an even deeper appreciation from watching our friends go through this. Fostering has got to be the most selfless thing that a person could do. I am in awe and so proud to call the Petsch family our friends.
On the way home we stopped at Margie's house to drop off the boys' valentines to her, and a box of V-Day truffles. After we got the three bambinos to bed I was presented with the most beautiful pair of earrings from my One True Love. I have the best husband.
Happy V-Day to all and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day!
We don't realy do v-day here in northern Germany.
Since when are the boys bikeing?