Monday, August 24, 2009

Little Moments


"For nothing is fixed, forever and forever and forever, it is not fixed; the earth is always shifting, the light is always changing, the sea does not cease to grind down rock. Generations do not cease to be born, and we are responsible to them because we are the only witnesses they have. The sea rises, the light fails, lovers cling to each other, and children cling to us. The moment we cease to hold each other, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out." --James Baldwin








5 comments:

ts said...

What a beautiful quote!

Carolina said...

little moments can be very special, especially later on in life we seem to treasure such little moments from when we were kids so much more! how fun to create those for our children!

I have been reading your blog for a couple of years now (WOW! time goes fast). i have to admit I'm a lurker :)

I love the idea of taking a picture every year at around the same time of your kids underneath that beautiful tree, I was wondering if you were going to do that again this year :)

Christina said...

Meera is killing me with those necklaces. They're just too cute!

Heather said...

Carolina,
Yes, we're getting ready for the tree photo! ---don't worry, I would never forget to do it! :)
Heather

Carolina said...

I just checked back hoping that maybe you had read my comment :) Can't wait to see it.