Friday, February 26, 2010

Sleeping Together For At Least One Year

February 26, 2009 I posted this post: click here. Apparently at that point K & O had been sleeping together for 2-3 weeks. (I would never, ever have remembered that if it weren't for this blog.) They've been sleeping together every night since then. So, it has been at least a year, solid, of sleeping together. They still sleep with Owen's Lovey Lion and Lovey Lion's twin brother and with Kyle's Honey Bunny and Honey Bunny's twin brother. "Turtle" or "Tortoise" (as they sometimes call him) --a light-up turtle that I gave to Owen-- also has been sleeping with them for the past few months. They still always have "sleep music" blaring all night long. And numerous night-lights. They almost always choose to sleep in Owen's room. And they almost always do well at bedtime. This (doing well at bedtime) is a huge improvement over the years prior, when bedtime was a serious challenge. Now, more often than not, bedtime is pleasant for all involved. I think it is so sweet that our boys want to sleep together at night. When we check on them before we go to bed they are almost always entwined under the covers. I love that they have this.

4 comments:

Sharla said...

A few of our kids share rooms at the moment but it doesn't seem to matter which room people start out in. By mid-way through the night, we've got various kids switching over to have "sleepovers" with others. They really love sharing rooms and the comfort that brings. And then of course there is morning when we have at least five kids in our bed with us!

Such a sweet picture of your sleeping kids!

Kendall said...

That is so sweet! My baby sister was always scared of the dark so she slept in my bed for years. Now we're 13 & 18 but we still sleep together almost every time I'm home from college! If I didn't already know it, I would be able to tell from this post alone that Kyle & Owen have a VERY close relationship. I love being able to read about their special sibling bond! Thanks for blogging!

Chatter said...

I often find my 2 boys together in bed (either in the twin or on Biruk's crib mattress on the floor). So the next purchase will be a full size bed so the boys can share a little more comfortably. I love it! There is nothing sweeter then seeing them sleeping soundly, side by side. Cute picture!

laurafingerson said...

Wow, I am so impressed! That is totally cute and that is great that they can share a space without getting grumpy about one twin accidentally bumping the other during sleep. My twin girls get along so well, but I can't imagine them cooperating that well at night when they are tired. Too cute of your boys!