Monday, November 27, 2006

Mommy-With-Career

Sometimes it is really hard to be a mommy who has an ambitious career. Like today. Like this morning, when I had to drop off my precious babies at daycare after having four whole days in a row with them. They were o.k. with going. They didn't cry or anything. When I went to kiss them goodbye at the little toddler breakfast table, they didn't even protest me leaving. But I had all I could do to keep my game-face on for them until I closed the door behind me. Then I cried my heart out all by myself in the car all the way to work. And then had to go give a sociology lecture to 240 students. I think it is important to be real about this. It is just really, really, really hard sometimes. I wouldn't give up any of it. I really wouldn't. For so many really important reasons. But it is not easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, friend. You're doing the right thing--and an amazing job at it, from what I can tell from afar!
xo,
Patricia