Top Ten Reasons I Am Counting the Hours Until My Parents Arrive For Thanksgiving
- We need Thanksgiving Break!!!!!!! As an academic, I've got our entire household operating on an academic calendar (despite the fact that none of us are technically students). You might think we call it "Thanksgiving Break" because Lehigh has "Thanksgiving Break" blocked off on the university calendar from this coming Thursday through Sunday. No no no! So WRONG! It is "Thanksgiving Break" for us because MorMor and MorFar are coming. This is the most stressful time of the year in our household for a whole host of professional reasons not even worth getting into here--- and we sooooo need a break. All four of us sooooooo need a break!
- MorFar will entertain the boys and play boy-sports-truck-rough-house-stuff with them 'till their hearts' content. We will be able to sit back and watch.
- MorMor will absorb the boys' excessive lovey doveyness and over-the-top-super-cutie-ness 'till their hearts' content. We will be able to sit back and watch.
- My mother will cook for us. We will be able to sit back and watch.
- My father will pour drinks for us. We will be able to sit back and watch.
- My parents will do things around here that we never even knew needed to be done. We won't even be sitting back and watching since they'll do it without us even realizing they've done it --- until later when we find out all the stuff we should be doing around here that we're not (I'd give examples here, but I'm not even sure what examples would be).
- My mom will prepare food for K & O (see photos below taken by me this evening).
- My mom will clean up after K & O (see photos below taken by me this evening).
- My mom will do laundry (see photos below taken by me this evening).
- MorMor and MorFar will make life feel perfectly manageable here for 4 days straight.
They arrive in time for daycare pick-up on Wednesday afternoon... or as Kyle and Owen have said several times today: "not tomorrow, not the next day, but the next day!!!!!!!!" The countdown has begun!