Sunday, February 11, 2007

Snippets from the Weekend

Saturday morning Owen woke up and the first thing he wanted to do was "Call MorFar." So we did. Owen talked to my parents for a few minutes and then I got on the phone with my Mom. We were in Braydon and I's bedroom, and I knew that Owen was in our bathroom, and I figured he was up to no good, but I decided I'd just cut my losses so that I could talk to my mom for just a few minutes. I was literally only on the phone with her for three minutes max before I went in to the bathroom to assess the damages. This photo shows what I found. He had pumped out a lot of moisturizing cream and had smeared it all over his face. He also had a mouthfull of cream, realized it tasted very gross, and was trying to wipe the cream out of his mouth with his cream-covered hands. Not sure if you can tell by the photo or not... he also had baby powder sprinkled all over him, our bath water was running, and his pajamas and his Lovey Lion were soaking wet in several places. Now that's what we call a great start to the weekend! ;0 Braydon and I were just laughing and shaking our heads as we took this photo and then tried to clean up our boy and our bathroom before starting our day.



Saturday morning tradition at our house is that K, O, and H make smoothies together. We make yogurt smoothies and/or soy-tofu smoothies, loaded with fruit. Lately the boys insist that blueberries and honey must go in -- all other ingredients are give-or-take. They like to "test" the end product with spoons straight out of the blender, before pouring into our cups.



Saturday was napless. We had Little Gym and then we met our friends the Kulps for a lunch date at McDonalds. For two hours straight the boys and Joy Lin went nutso in the indoor playground thingy at McD's. K & O were completely spent by 5:00 (when this photo was taken) and Braydon was desperately trying to keep them from totally melting down by singing songs to them. Soon after this photo we fed the boys an early supper. Mid-way through his meal, Kyle turned to me and said, "I'm done. I've had enough. Mommy, your baby is so sleepy!"


Saturday night after the boys were in bed we finally got to have the Rum Punches we've been meaning to have since January 31. Rum Punch is our sentimental Adoption Day celebratory drink -- and we had bought the ingredients to have them, but given all the sickness, ETC., Saturday was our first chance.



This afternoon, out for a walk in our neighborhood, Braydon pulling the boys in the wagon.



No comments: