Friday, April 20, 2007

Livesay Haiti Blog Today

Some people have confessed to me that they are "addicts" of the Johnson-McCormick blog. They tell me that they check our blog daily -- sometimes multiple times a day -- to see the latest going's-on's with our little life. I totally understand blog addiction because.... confession: I am a blog addict too! -- I am an addict of the Livesay Haiti Blog. I have mentioned this blog before (click here and here). Today when I checked in on the Livesay blog their most recent post left me with tears running down my cheeks. I was sitting in my office in between meetings and yet I didn't even care if anybody saw that my mascara was dripping down to my chin... because... sometimes other people's suffering just hits so hard that I don't even care if my colleagues see me cry. Today Troy's post on the Livesay blog hit me like that. I think it was because the subject of the post was mothers and babies and... in particular... it focused on a set of twins. I can't help but think about my baby boys... and I can't help but think about "what if?"... As adoptive parents it is a normal defense mechanism to try to self-protect by pushing those 'what if' questions to the margins of our minds -- for some of us it is simply unbearable to let them seep in too often -- but sometimes I, for one, can't help it. And I actually think it is a good thing to let the 'what if's' sink way down deep sometimes. The Livesay post today did that -- it sunk way down deep (click here for the post). One of the reasons I love the Livesay blog is because for me it is a good, much-needed, grounding, daily reality check.

No comments: