Thursday, September 13, 2007

Little red oven

Kyle is obsessed (as he is with many things) with Mac & Cheese.

Heather makes the boys lunch for school each day, but had not given him Mac & Cheese (despite repeated requests). However, when he came home yesterday describing in depth how another boy had Mac & Cheese, and it was clear he was enormously jealous, Heather had to act.

According to Kyle, the Mac & Cheese was "streaming" and they made it hot "in a little oven" and the "little oven is red." He really really really really wants Mac & Cheese now because "I love it soooo much."

Heather dutifully made the requested delicacy and put it in both boy's lunches. When I dropped them off, I sidelined the teacher and told her about his m&c obsession - she knew about it. I told her that he had m&c for his lunch, and asked her how they heated it up - and that K had explained about the little red oven.

She smiled and said - we don't have anyway to heat it up - the other little boy had brought it in a thermos!

Next item on the shopping list: Thermos.

4 comments:

Mamato2 said...

What a hoot!! Adorable! :) Btw, how id he actually like the mac & cheese once he got some?

Kristina said...

That is too funny!!!!!!!!

insanemommy said...

Now that's funny! Did Cindy e-mail you about the dates she was looking at?

Tami said...

Hilarious! Laura always talks about your blog, I'm glad that I have finally gotten around to viewing it. I am definitely going to add you to my list and become a regular. She is right your boys and family are great.