Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Blogiversary!

October 11, 2007 marks the One Year Anniversary of the Johnson-McCormick Blog. Rather than try to do a retrospective of our past year in the blogosphere we decided to take the plunge and do our first blog 'slide show' ~~ not of the past year, but rather of the year-and-a-half of our lives before we started blogging. Our blog has turned out to be so much more than we ever had imagined when we began it. And our only blog-related regret is that we did not start our blog sooner. Alas, we were waaaay tooooo tired to blog then -- the boys were not easy in the beginning. Not that they are 'easy' now, but they are so very much easier with each passing month. I do wish I had a better record of the early days of our family... not just for our own sakes, but also for the sake of our readers-- so many of whom have had questions about the earlier stages (and our memories of that time are so often hazy that we can't answer those questions with much detail). So, the slide show above is a compilation of photos from our Referral Photo through the Last Photo Before We Started This Blog. We are happy to share these photos with you, and we are happy to share what we do of our life with you through this blog. Most of all, though, we are humbled that you care to look, read, check in, think, and care about us via our blog. Happy Blogiversary to all of our Johnson-McCormick Family Blog readers!!

***

P.S. What we originally wanted to do to celebrate our blogiversary was to make a Top Ten List of our favorite posts from the past year... but here's an even better idea!!!... how about you tell us what your favorite Johnson-McCormick Family Blog post was, and then we'll compile a Top Ten List of Our Readers' Favorite Posts From the Past Year?!!!?? ...So, please... tell us: What was your favorite post? Share by posting a comment here! :)

20 comments:

Mamato2 said...

I am too new to the J-M Family Blog to pick favs (besides I wouldn't want to hurt the other posts' feelings :), but will say that I love every pic of the boys and love watching them grow up. I hope you will keep up with the blog. I want to see if they really marry the twin girls you have them promised to! :)

Unknown said...

OH yes... I am new too... But I love the post about the twin girls as well!

Anonymous said...

My favorites are connected to each other:
"Kyle Shars a Memory" from July 13 & "Trauma and Healingin Adoption" from August 15

Anonymous said...

K & O's Locs Post from March 11, 2007!!!!!
~Tashieka

Anonymous said...

I LOVED it when you did the Open Book Meme in late August!!! It was so great how you did that!!!!!!!
Congrats on one year! I've been reading since July.
from Kelly in Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

Braydon's videos are always my favorite and my kids love watching them too!

Anonymous said...

July 20 - I never laughed so hard at a blog - it was a Top Ten called Is There A Right Answer?
what a hoot!
Joan Douglas

Anonymous said...

From January - it was "THINGS WE DID"... I literally printed that out and made my husband read that as soon as he got home. We're waiting for Jazmyne from Ethiopia. Love your blog!
The Calhouns, San Fran, CA

Anonymous said...

My fav was B's 'Apple Cart' post from July 16. Wow.

Anonymous said...

The TOP TEN from 2/13/07!!!!!!!!!!! As a mom of twins that really was great. I even brought it to my twin moms group that week! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of us love it when you write their conversations. it is just such a glimpse into it all. thank you for your blog.
Jessie

Anonymous said...

yay for one whole year! I had to search way back to find it, but I knew I remembered it from when you first started the blog! And I found it! Favorite is:
DRESSING TWINS dated october 23, 2006

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! DEFINITELY THE CHRISTMAS POST ABOUT THE ANGELS AT THE CHURCH! I PEED MY PANTS READING THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS WHEN I REALLY GOT HOOKED ON YOUR BLOG-- I KEEPS ME LAUGHING!
THANKS FOR THE READS,
CAROLINE GROSSMAN
OH, THE DATE WAS 12/27/06 AND IT WAS CALLED HIGHLIGHT

Jess said...

My favorite is the "What I thought .... What came out of my mouth: 'Who wants a snack?!'" I forwarded that one along. Happy blogiversary!

laurafingerson said...

The top ten posts that you do -- those are great!

RamblingMother said...

Any posts with pics of the boys in them.

Beverly

vy said...

Happy Blogiversary!

It's tough to pick favorites. I would say there are 2 categories that are favs for me...K&O's antics (love what they come up with!) and your 'educational' posts (about attachment, book selections, taking care of dreads, etc). Oh, and the Love Thursday pictures because they are sooo sweet!

-violet

Kristi said...

My favorite humorous post was when Owen showed June his muscles. Oh my gosh did I laugh.

And my favorite touching post was when Kyle got his trombone. What wonderful parents you have to make his dream a reality!

I'd love to hear the rest of your story. How you picked Haiti, etc.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to pick just one but I still laugh just thinking about the nativity/church story and the photo told it all.
Happy you are here!

Anonymous said...

Okay delurking Aussie girl here!
I love the vidio's of the children there great thank you.
Lisa