Friday, December 07, 2007

Any questions?

After we read books to the boys and say prayers, Heather walks Owen to his bed and I tuck Kyle in his own bed. We "talk about the day" (which means I rehash some highlights), which we've done for the last couple years once we realized it helped Ky Ky fall asleep.

Recently I've started to say to him when the "talk about the day" is done: "Do you have any questions for me?" Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Well, to be more specific, I am not sure he really understands what a question is exactly. This was last night's event:

Me: Do you have any any questions for me?
Ky: Ummm. Ummm. Yes.
Me: Ok, what are your questions?
Ky: My question is....
Ky: I like airplanes.
Ky: I like boats.
Ky: Those are my questions for the day.
Me: You like airplanes and boats?
Ky: Yes.

And he snuggles in, sucks his thumb and heads off to sleep with a little grin on his face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ky cracks me up! That it too funny!!!
-Lori

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha! That is too cute!