Monday, December 10, 2007

Conversation with Owen: Wanting a Baby

Tonight when we were getting the boys ready for bed the following conversation happened. It was my night with Owen (Braydon and I switch back and forth between K & O each night). We were alone in the bathroom and Owen was brushing his teeth, washing face and hands, etc.

Owen: I really, really want a baby brother or a baby sister.
Heather: I know you do sweetie.
O: Mommy, I'm so sad. I'm just so sad.
H: Why? Why are you so sad?
O: Because I don't have a baby brother or a baby sister. I really want a baby brother or a baby sister. I really really want it.
H: I know. I understand. Do you want it to be a baby brother or a baby sister?
O: A baby brother or a baby sister. Just a little tiny baby.
H: Oh.
O: I just want a little baby. I just want to be a big brother.
H: Oh. Why do you want to be a big brother?
O: So I can take care of it. I really want to be a big brother and take care of the little baby. I really want that Mommy, I really want that.
H: I know you do sweetie. I know.

At that point we were done and he ran in his room to get his pajamas on and I ran after him.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like y'all better get busy. ;)
Amy

Mamato2 said...

Well, if he really, REALLY wants it, then get busy! Wouldn't want them to think their wants/needs get ignored, now would you? ;)