Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Quotes of the Day: "When I am a grown up man..."

This morning, as usual, the boys were cuddling in bed with us just after they woke up. Totally out of the blue Kyle says to me, "Mommy, when I am a grown up man you will sleep with me in my bed -- just like you sleep with Papi!" Then Owen chimed in, "And when I am a grown up man Papi will sleep with me in my bed!" Braydon and I were trying not to laugh. I said, "Well maybe you guys will want to find your own people to sleep with when you are grown up men?! I think you'll want to find your own woman or your own man to sleep in your beds with you!!" Kyle says, "No, mommy, not another woman, just you -- when I am a grown up man you will sleep in my bed!" And Owen says, "Yup, that's right -- when I am a grown up man Papi will sleep in my bed! Not another man, just Papi!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for owen wanting a man in his bed! i knew it! hahaha... xoxoxoxo

Jess said...

That's too funny!

Mamato2 said...

Hysterical!!!! And I absolultely love that you do not make any "assumptions" with them. Awesome. :)

Ani said...

this is one of the funniest stories ever.
and it looks like the much-awaited birthday party was a smashing success!!!!

Anonymous said...

I only wish the children would continue to want to sleep in our bed when they are grown ups! Oh, to have those days back again! Enjoy each and every cuddly moment you have with them~
Love
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

That is too funny. I love this story!

I am with you about Ky and Zoe. I think they make a sassy couple. What a dream that would be... :) You never know!!!

xoxo
Lori

Single PAP said...

that's funny. hey, what's up with baby sister's name contest? the first clue was too easy but not enough to go on to get the whole name.. need more clues!