Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Guest Blogger: MorMor

MorMor & Owen in NYC on Saturday

MorMor & Kyle in NYC on Saturday


~ ~ ~
MorMor is guest blogging today! This is her second time posting to our blog (for her first time, click here!)... Today MorMor writes:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I describe the Johnson-McCormick household? In a word – LOVE. This family LOVES each other. Braydon very often gets tears in his eyes he’s so moved by how the boys act (like giving hugs to each other and sharing everything) or by what they say which almost always comes straight from the heart unprompted (many, many times a day we hear “I love you mommy, I love you Papi”, and I get to hear “I love you MorMor” too!). Heather's sweet talk and cuddles with each of them warms your heart, by example these boys know how to feel and express love.


A few things from my trip here this time are:

  • Hearing the boys remind each other to be “gentlemen”. Which means no screaming at the table, no throwing food, etc. which in this house is a miracle if any one of us makes it through a meal in clean clothes!
  • Watching the boys march (and I mean a stomping march) through the house with Owen blowing a huge horn with his cheeks puffed up just like Louis Armstrong, and with Kyle playing his beloved trumpet.
  • Waking up to one of the twins coming into my room and saying “Get up MorMor” and being very excited myself because I got to sleep until almost 8 am – YES, 8 am! The boys are totally off schedule this week with Heather on semester break and working from home. So they get to go to bed a little later and sleep in. This is really nice for me because when I’m with my granddaughter, Sadie, she can often get up and be ready to play as early as 5:30 am!
  • Hearing “No, I cannnnnn’t”……… they both say this when they don’t want something. No I can’t stop playing to get in the car to go somewhere, no I can’t have milk in my cereal, no I can’t go poops on the potty (Kyle), no I can’t stop playing and get ready for bed (Owen). And it’s said in all sincerity, with no temper tantrums or fussing, just the plain truth! No I cannnnnn’t!
  • Watching them talk to each other when they don’t know we are observing them. Kyle will say “Owen chainsaws” and then they both switch toys to the chainsaws and begin playing (always within inches of each other). Or Owen will say “Kyle, wannnna go on the bump, bump slide?” and they do. It seems like they always oblige each others request. Twin activity is amazing to watch.
  • “How about……………… ice cream?” About half way through every meal Owen will say it. And he says it with his hands out, palms up like he’s really just had a unique thought that we all will want to do! Too cute!

It’s been a great visit; I leave tomorrow but am making plans to come at the end of February. I love being here and can’t go too long between visits. I love these little guys so much. Who ever thinks it’s biology that makes a love bond between parents and kids or grandparents and kids is so wrong. I often hear “She’s MY MorMor” and they point at me with big smiles. Nothing can be better.

1 comment:

The Uhrig Family said...

Janet
I love your post! I still remember when Heather and Braydon were in Haiti getting Kyle and Owen - and I called you mulitple times to find out if you've heard from them and how they were doing. Its mind boggling to me that it was TWO years ago.

At any rate, I can't agree more with your last comment: "Who ever thinks it’s biology that makes a love bond between parents and kids or grandparents and kids is so wrong." - Lord knows WE know it - I just wish the rest of the world did ;-). Please let us know when you are visiting again - Ben and I would love to make the trip over to see you...have a safe trip home...

Stacey