Thursday, February 22, 2007

Love Thursday

Heather & Owen, May 2006

I've decided to participate in the blogosphere's "Love Thursdays." Several of the bloggers whose blogs I enjoy have been doing this for quite some time. I'm finally going to jump on board. At first I thought it was kind of cheesy... but I've come to love it, and appreciate it, and look forward to what people will blog about on "Love Thursdays." If you are unfamiliar with this, then you can go to the original site to learn all about "Love Thursdays" and "Love is All Around" by clicking here. Today is my first installment of my own "Love Thursdays" on our blog.
~-~
~-~
~-~
The photo was taken by Braydon in our villa while we were on vacation in the Turks & Caicos Islands in May. It was the best vacation I've even been on in my life. When this photo was taken we had just returned from a glorious morning at the beach (if you look closely at the photo you can even see some of the sand from Grace Bay Beach on Owen's eyelashes and matted into his dreadlocks). Owen was still in his bathing suit, he was sleepy from a full morning of fun in the sun, and he was so cuddly with his mama. I remember that my baby smelled like sunscreen, he was slightly sticky from salt water, and his dark back was still radiating some of the warm his skin had soaked up from the sun. I experience deep love feelings for both of my boys on a very, very, very regular basis, but I can still remember the deeply profound sense of love I had for my son in the moment that this photo was taken. Looking at the photo brings me right back there. And it is a good place to be.
~-~
~-~
~-~
Happy Love Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good place to witness, too!!

Thanks for participating -- happy Love Thursday!

K.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo!!

I'm glad you're joining in . . . and if it's cheesy, then I say BRING ON THE CHEESE!! :) I look forward to Love Thursday every week. It's a great pick-me-up.

That's a wonderful photo of you and your son. I can see the love in your eyes.

Vedrana M. said...

beautiful photo!